Diposting oleh Mulyadi Pasaribu | 5:05 AM | george soros, Glenn Beck, holocaust
Glenn Beck has landed himself in hot water following a remark he made about Holocaust survivor George Soros.
Earlier this week Glenn Beck, Fox News anchor, remarked Soros, billionaire financier, to be “a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to death camps.”
Whoa – to make a remark like that about the Holocaust – a highly sensitive topic – what was he thinking?
However, Beck also said he “can't imagine what it must have been like trying to survive.”
Where does one find the gall to remark – and so publicly – about something he can, or can’t, only imagine? Beck wasn’t directly involved in the Holocaust – but Soros was.
Soros is a survivor of the Nazi’s occupation of Hungary. He also donates to liberal causes.
The Anti-Defamation League has criticized Beck’s remarks, which is not a surprise. ADL National Director Abraham Foxman says Beck's remarks about Soros' childhood were "inappropriate, offensive and over the top."
Foxman, according to USA Today, later told Salon.com that he still believes Beck is a strong supporter of Israel and the Jewish people.
A Beck spokesman cited an Oct. 22 letter from Foxman, which was posted Friday on Beck’s website, which praised Beck as a "friend of Israel."
As a person who speaks publicly on Fox News, Beck should really be more careful what he does – and does not – say.Share it please:
- Preparing My Halloween Costumes
- Best Motherboard to Buy
- Glenn Beck Under Fire: Holocaust Remark Landed Him In Hot Water
- Sexiest Woman in Sports Roberta Mancino Naked Skydiver - What is That?
- Aneh Tapi Ada: Seram Banget Gambar Ini
- Wal-mart Black Friday Electronic Deals
- Matt Hughes 'Storm Chaser' Died! What was the Cause of Death?
- Tahu Sama Tahu - Nine Point For Newbies Adsense User
- Antimatter Breakthrough at CERN Leads to Big Bang, Origins Discovery
- Steve Nash divorce from Alejandra Amarilla - Did Phoenix Suns NBA Star Cheat?